Tuesday, May 6, 2014

FULL DARK, NO STARS: STORIES by Stephen King


GRADE: B+


A solid collection of four novellas by Stephen King!

The novella 1922 makes this collection worth reading. Not only is it my favorite story in the collection, I think that the other stories pale in comparison. 

Big Driver was disappointing, while both Fair Extension and A Good Marriage were fairly good. But 1922 is a very well-written descent into madness. I couldn't help but keep reading as the main character and his son disintegrate after committing a terrible crime. It's a very dark story and might not be some readers' cup of tea, but I loved it. A true homage to the likes of Edgar Allan Poe and H.P. Lovecraft. Now, it's one of my favorite novellas by King, and one of his best works!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful